Anna Frost: Top 5 Dunedin Runs
We've got the inside word from globe trotting mountain runner Anna Frost on what she thinks are her hometown's top five runs.
- Mt Cargill Summit from Bethunes Gully or via Organ Pipes – The Organ Pipes are an amazing natural formation that are easily accessible, and Bethunes Gully winds through a beautiful pine and native forest. The summit gives a wonderful view of the Otago Peninsula and out to sea.
- Flagstaff– The great 360° view of Dunedin is a wonderful reward after the steep climb up the Pineapple Track.
- St Clair Beach to Tomahawk Beach – The sand dune trails, parks and beaches give a fun variety to running.
- Haywood Point at Aramoana – a steep climb initially but once the height is gained you get a wonderful perspective of the coast line and Taiaroa Heads.
- Ross Creek – A nice place for adventuring tracks and creeks so close to Dunedin.
Photography by: Paul Petch